We thank you all for volunteering last year at General Currie! As you know, parent involvement is important for a successful school year, and volunteering is a great way to show the children in our school that we support them. In addition Currie parent volunteers are an encouragement to our teachers and staff.
There are many ways to be involved at General Currie. Listed below are some of the ways parents/guardians can become involved:
- Hot Lunches – semi monthly
- Breakfast Club – every Tuesday morning
- Fundraising: Movie Days, Year End Fair
- Special Events: Sports Day, Winter Wonderland Photos
- Library Involvement – book fair, re-shelfing books, etc.
- Classroom Help – field trips, special projects, etc.
- Fruits & Vegetable Program – semi monthly
- Early Morning Warnings
- Traffic & Parking Lot Safety Coordinator
- Translation Services
- Year Book Committee
- Emergency Preparedness Committee
- PAC Involvement
Our PAC board consists of volunteers. Although most positions are currently filled, we will need new volunteers for next year. Voting for 2019/2020 School Year PAC Member Positions will take place in May 2019.
PAC IS CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A “FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR” TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
If you’ve got great ideas, we welcome you to join us at our next PAC meeting; we can be reached through the school office or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always looking for contacts within our community who can help us with our fundraising events. If you know of someone who has the connections within the community that could potentially make donations to the school, please have them contact us.
Parent involvement in our wonderful school has an enormous impact on our children’s learning experience. We look forward to working with you to help make our school even better.