Hello General Currie Families,
As in previous years, families can choose to purchase an optional student accident insurance plan for their children through the “InsureMyKids®” program, underwritten by Old Republic Insurance Company of Canada. The “InsureMyKids®” accident insurance program offers protection against the potentially high costs of any injury resulting from unexpected accidents and is especially valuable for families who:
· do not have medical or dental plans,
· have limited plans, as it may help supplement health and dental benefits, or
· have active children who enjoy sports and outdoor activities.
The insurance agreement will be between the family and Old Republic Canada and will be effective on the date the enrollment application and payment are received by the insurance carrier. To purchase a student accident insurance plan, families can visit http://www.insuremykids.com, or speak with an Old Republic Canada customer service representative at 1-800-463-5437.
The program coverage typically includes:
· A full year (365 days from date of purchase), 24 hours a day, whether at school or at home;
· Expenses such as ambulance, physio-therapy, private tutoring, counselling, and much more that are limited or not covered by private or group insurance plans, or provincial health plans;
· Injury related dental treatment as the result of an accident;
· Out-of-province or country emergency medical expenses. (Platinum Plan Only)
Attached is the InsureMyKids® Brochure for your information.
If you have questions relating to this insurance program, please contact Joyce Coronel from the Secretary Treasurer’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-668-6008.